Suggested Banner Raid and Retrieval Guidelines
Below are some suggested guidelines for Banner Raids and Retrieves from the Federation. The individual clubs retain the rights to determine rules regarding their own banners.
- The object of banner raiding is to promote friendly visits between clubs.
- One full square of dancers is needed to raid or retrieve a banner.
- If two or more clubs are raiding, the one with the most dancers obtains the banner. In the case of a tie, the host club may select the winner. At the club’s discretion, more than one banner may be given.
- Or, your club may choose to give a banner to each club successfully raiding.
- Special Dances are typically exempt from Banner Raids.
- Your club should not call ahead to determine of a banner is available.
- A club capturing a banner is responsible for it’s safe keeping until it is retrieved.
- All captured banners will be displayed at club dances.
- These guidelines do not prohibit banner raids to NON Federation clubs. However, it is the discretion of the host club as to whether they choose to give a banner.
- Any club that chooses not to participate in Banner Raids has only to make their wishes known. They should notify Linked Squares Magazine so a note can be put in the directory.